Urgent Care Centre Nurse Manager
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
Cavendish will be hosting interview days on behalf of our client. These will be held in Europe during November. This is a fantastic opportunity to meet department heads and potential future colleagues. The view will be to formally interview, whilst being able to learn about the role, the ambitions of the organisations and how you can be a part of this. Upon enquiring, your dedicated consultant will brief you on the process, the organisation, Qatar and outline the next steps.
The Clinical Nurse Manager is responsible for leading and demonstrating the provision of safe patient and family focused quality care on his/her unit/clinic/service 24-hours a day, and as a key member of the multi-disciplinary team ensures that standards for nursing care are adhered to at unit/clinic/service level. Works collaboratively to ensure that commissioning, recruitment, on boarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with plans and timelines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a professional and clinical role model for staff and acts as an advocate for patients and their families
- Ensures that patient care is provided in accordance with established standards of nursing care, policies, guidelines and protocols
- Plans for safe staffing patterns, while meeting the patient's need for continuity of care. Analyses processes and ensures staffing ratios and patient assignments are reflective of patient census, acuity, level of education, and capabilities of staff
- Contributes to the development and delivery of Family Centred Services objectives using a continuous improvement paradigm. Works collaboratively and creatively to achieve objectives by embracing new ways of working/practice through utilising evidence or research and taking the lead in implementing changes as required
- Develops key performance indicators for the unit
- Manages budget for the unit and ensures that patient services are provided in a timely, efficient and effective manner by utilizing the resources (manpower, material and equipment) appropriately
- Evaluates and ensures effective and efficient patient flow using a multi-disciplinary approach to facilitate a timely discharge/or transfer process to the next level of care or home
- Identifies ideas that will improve the quality of patient care and issues that negatively impact on patient care outcomes, and implements solutions to demonstrate improvements in quality data and bench marks
- Collaborates with clinical educators in planning, implementation and evaluation of patient and staff education requirements
- Communicates effectively and efficiently with patients, families and colleagues, addresses patient complaints immediately and assists in the investigation of written complaints
- A full job description is available upon request.
- Registered Nurse and current nursing license from country of origin
- Master's degree in Nursing or health related field, or Masters in Business Administration from an accredited University in North America, or equivalent in the UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand.
- 7+ years of progressive management experience in a specialty area in an acute care hospital setting in a North American Academic Institution, or equivalent in the UK, Republic of Ireland, EU States, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand.
- Preferred: Post graduate specialty qualification
- Demonstrated managerial experience in specialty area
- Demonstrated experience with interviewing, hiring, mentoring and performance evaluation
- Demonstrated experience with clinical Information systems, including staffing and scheduling systems, and time and attendance systems
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of specialty Standards of Care
- Demonstrated ability to apply Standards of Care in the analysis and development of policies, procedures, guidelines, order sets and protocols
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary in Qatar + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.