Senior Healthcare Assistant
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Priory hospital in Birmingham has a vacancy for a Senior Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff on the Wards.
This role is for 37.5 hours a week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience in a Healthcare environment
- NVQ Level 3 in care
- A basic standard of general education with proven literacy and numeracy
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their stay on the Ward under the direction of a trained member of Staff and within the limits of training and assessed competencies.
- Assist in the delivery of patient care and the delivery of an efficient Nursing service
- To accept delegated responsibilities from senior team members within your sphere of competence.
- Ensure appropriate and safe care of the patient during their stay on the Ward under direction of a trained member of staff.
- Proactively monitor the patient’s level of discomfort/pain and inform a trained member of staff who will take appropriate actions to ensure the patient is comfortable.
- Escort patients to or between other departments.
- Undertake any other responsibilities after a designated training period and being assessed as competent, e.g. monitoring vital signs, maintaining blood glucose levels, ECG, manual blood pressure, specialling patients, completing admitting paperwork and preparing patients for Theatre.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on individual skills & experience
- 25 days annual leave (rising with length of service) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Discounted David Lloyd gym membership
- BMI Healthcare's Medical plan
- Dental plan
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.