Registered Nurse (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Harbour Hospital are recruiting for Registered Nurses to join their team of Bank staff.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse with NMC
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of nursing theory and best practice to the level of a newly qualified nurse as a minimum
- Understanding of equality and diversity and how to apply it to self.
- Knowledge of Code of Practice and requirements of if for own behaviour
- Knowledge of Infection control
- Health and Safety awareness
- Knowledge of Quality assurance Tools
- Able to work under supervision
- Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate programmes of care for patients
Duties of this role include:
- Provide patients, their families or carers with a high standard of individualised and evidence based care, under the indirect supervision of the nurse in charge.
- To assess, plan, deliver and evaluate care for individual patients with regard to their personal needs, wishes and rights.
- Ensure a high standard of clinical care is maintained at all times and seek help and support where necessary
- Ensure care is given in accordance with accepted and current standards and guidelines in reference to care pathways as relevant.
- Understand and analyse patient clinical observations and records, taking or instigating appropriate action as necessary
- Report, document and communicate patient variances appropriately.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- To effectively manage workload delegated by senior nurse to include named nurse responsibilities
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.