Lead Theatre Practitioner
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Sloane Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Lead Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff within the Theatres Department.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week
Applicants should have the following:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills.
- Experience of major orthopaedic surgery.
- External Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification.
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1.
Duties of this role include:
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
- To provide and maintain high standard in training of all junior staff, including Training Operating Department Practitioner.
- Actively mentor junior theatre practitioners to enable them to scrub for surgery.
- To ensure theatre equipment is maintained in good working order.
- To participate in the on-call rota to meet the needs of the department to provide 24 hour emergency cover.
- Act as a role model for other staff and contribute to regular departmental meetings, identifying problems and their solutions.
- Advising staff of current clinical practice and the need to keep up-to-date with developments in theatre.
- Exercise professional judgment in order to identify priorities.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.