Specialist Nurse - Fertility (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s The Priory Hospital has a vacancy for a Specialist Nurse - Fertility (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Fertility Department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RN and/or RM
- Experience of working in a women’s health/fertility setting
- Knowledge of various fertility treatments available
- To have a working knowledge of trans-vaginal ultrasound scanning and be willing to train and become proficient
- Have a working knowledge of the HFEA Code of Practice
- Good communication and organisational skills
Duties of this role include:
- To carry out all necessary duties as required of the Fertility Nurse Specialist role, coordinating and implementing fertility treatment protocols
- Providing patient care, counselling, treatment and administrative duties under the Supervision of the ‘Person Responsible’ as detailed on the Treatment Centre Licence issued under the provisions of the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 1990
- Paying due regard to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct, The Scope of Professional Practice and advisory publications.
- To be responsible for ensuring professional development and study days as required by PREPP
- Adhere to BMI/Priory/Fertility Centre agreed procedures and policies.
- Adhere to BMI procedure on the reporting of complaints, accidents and incidents
- Follow medical protocols as appropriate and liaise with medical and other staff in the implementation of client care.
- Be aware of the Quality Management System in the department, assist in the development and constant review of the system
- To be aware of the Health and Safety Policy, a safe environment is maintained.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.