Lead Theatre Practitioner
BMI Ridgeway Hospital in Swindon is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Lead Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Experience as a Senior Registered Practitioner or equivalent
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration.
- Approved/recognised theatre course and mentorship qualification
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to support and lead a team.
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards.
- An appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus.
Duties of this role include:
- Coordinate and actively assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while assisting the theatre manager in the management of the theatre team
- Provide quality planned care for patients during their perioperative phase of care by ensuring all team members deliver quality patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership for clinical team.
- Act as a role model and mentor to junior staff providing advice and support to others
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate equipment, drugs and consumables for a range of operative procedures. Disseminate best practise principals to the team
- Ensure that team are fully inducted and trained with respect to use of equipment and processes and procedures and keep accurate training records
- Assist in monitoring the patient’s condition throughout the procedure. Taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.