About Kingston University
Faculty of Health and Social Care Sciences
Kingston University and St George’s, University of London
MSc in Healthcare Education and Clinical Leadership
This course aims to prepare and equip experienced healthcare professionals to:
- lead and manage healthcare practice
- implement research advances to enrich evidence based practice
- implement workplace learning
- introduce teaching and learning strategies within clinical settings
- enable students to competently research healthcare issues within their workplace
- prepare students for management of change
- apply their learning to projects within the workplace
The course consists of taught modules, work-based learning projects and provides an opportunity to explore a topic of particular interest in some depth, along with reflecting on the complete learning experience.
The course consists of three Elements:
STAGE ONE – three taught modules and one work-based learning goal on teaching and learning
- Health and Social Care in Context
- Managing Change in Health and Social Care
- Personal, Professional and Leadership Skills
- Work Based Learning on Teaching and Learning
STAGE TWO – work based learning and one taught module
Candidates – in consultation with their academic supervisor and a work based learning facilitator – select two, three or four of these general topic areas below.
- Evaluating Health and Social Care Outcomes
- Research Methods
- Mentorship and Clinical Supervision
- Partnerships and Collaboration in the Provision of Health and Social Care
- Health Promotion and Health Education
STAGE THREE – an academic paper and reflective summary + viva
To complete the programme, candidates will need to produce a paper suitable for publication in an academic journal.
Candidates will then move on to their final assignment. This is in two parts:
- a 10,000 word reflective summary on the programme of learning that candidates have undertaken, and
- a viva examination (presentation expanding on one or two of the topics dealt with in their reflective summary)
For further information please contact: Dr Maria Ponto, Course Director
T: + 44 (0) 20 8417 5712 or + 44 (0) 7990 704842
or E: firstname.lastname@example.org
For an application form, please contact the Course Administrator
on T: + 44 (0) 208 417 5732 or E: email@example.com
2 jobs with Kingston University
You will be passionate about intensive and acute care nursing...
Join our dynamic and forward-looking School of Nursing...