Endoscopy Practitioner (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill has a vacancy for an Endoscopy Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Endoscopy department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Endoscopy Department open Monday to Friday 07.30-20. 00. Occasional Saturday work
Shift pattern of early and late, 7.5 hour shifts.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Good experience in Endoscopy Unit
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Current and up to date specific to specialty.
- Clinical Governance
- Patient Safety and the role of the National Patient Safety Agency (NPSA)
- Health and Safety
- Infection Control
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good mentor/coaching skills.
- Application of knowledge of specialised procedures and equipment used in the operating theatre.
- Proven post registration experience in an Endoscopy role.
Duties of this role include:
- To plan and provide quality care for across the whole endoscopy patient pathway.
- To prove safe and efficient decontamination of flexible endoscopies.
- To support and assist the management and organisation of care provision within the endoscopy unit.
- Provide quality planned care for patients undergoing endoscopic procedures within own scope of practice.
- To participate in the improvement in Essential Quality Requirements and Best Practice standards of flexible endoscopy services including decontamination and clinical care.
- To develop and enhance their own skills and knowledge.
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Act as the patient advocate and respect the patient’s privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Participate in departmental communication, policy development, and continuous quality improvement and meetings.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.