Endoscopy Practitioner (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Chiltern Endoscopy are looking to employ Registered Nurses and HCAs who are enthusiastic, dynamic and looking to broaden their speciality nursing. Successful candidates will have assigned mentors and a competency pathway to complete their training experience.
BMI Healthcare’s Chiltern Hospital has a vacancy for an Endoscopy Practitioner (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Endoscopy department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration.
- Basic competence and intended or actual qualification in Endoscopy Care and Decontamination and /or Operator’s Course in Endoscopy Decontamination
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies (Care Quality Commission, GRS, JAG, HTM 01 -06).
- Experience / training in pain management, care of the deteriorating patient, care of patient under conscious sedation requiring monitored recovery
- Experience of clinical governance and audit
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills including clinical and decontamination.
- Experience in working in partnership with Consultants to deliver clinical care.
- Previous experience as a Registered Practitioner or equivalent
- I.T. Skills
- BLS / ILS
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for across the whole endoscopy patient pathway
- To prove safe and efficient decontamination of flexible endoscopes
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the endoscopy unit
- Provide quality planned care for patients undergoing endoscopic procedures within own scope of practice
- To participate in the improvement in Essential Quality Requirements and Best Practice standards for flexible endoscopy services including decontamination and clinical care
- To develop and enhance their own skills and knowledge
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Participate in departmental communication, policy development, and continuous quality improvement and meetings
- Adhere to departmental decontamination programme for flexible endoscopes.
- Participate in the departmental audit program including decontamination, clinical standards, microbiological testing, patient experience etc.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.