Registered Children's Nurse (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Chiltern Hospital has a vacancy for a Registered Children’s Nurse to join their team of staff in the Paediatrics department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RSCN (preferably) or CHILD BRANCH
- Current registration with the NMC UK
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that high standards of Paediatric patient care are maintained at all times in accordance with hospital and national guidelines.
- To assist senior staff in effective ward and resource management.
- Responsible for the assessment and provision of care to Paediatric patients.
- To provide professional advice to others (colleagues/other departments) on matters relating to Paediatric care.
- To be aware of and comply with the Children’s Act, BMI policies and current relevant legislation relating to care of children in hospital.
- To keep up to date with current trends and developments in paediatric nursing and take responsibility for own professional development
- To comply, at all times, with the NMC code of conduct for nurses
- To maintain effective communication with other departments and wards
- Maintain professional confidentiality at all times.
- Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.