Senior Registered Nurse - Wards
BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Wards department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Substantial experience in Bariatrics’/ Urology/ Cardiac surgery/ Gynea surgery.
- Ability to plan and deliver care for the acute post-operative patient.
- Ability to liaise with consultants.
- Familiar with emergency situations.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to perform extended role procedures, i.e. ECG’s, venepuncture, IV drugs.
Duties of this role include:
- To promote and maintain a highly professional and caring standard of nursing.
- To participate in the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programs of care.
- Accurate and full documentation of records
- Individualised patient care/ planning.
- Hospital policies and procedures
- Assisting with teaching and assessing junior staff.
- Carry out work in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Provide high standards of care, i.e. asepsis, working equipment, stock control.
- The post holder is responsible for carrying out all forms of nursing care within the clinical area.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.