Children's Homecare Nurse - Southampton
Position: Children’s Homecare Nurse – Southampton
Salary: £31,000 - £34,000 Dependant on Experience + Company Car/Allowance £4,250 per annum
Hours: Full Time – 37.5 hours
Here at Pulse we are happy to be recruiting on behalf of one of our well established clients, a market leader in patient care at home. This is an exciting brand new opportunity for a Children’s Homecare Nurse. This role will require you to work autonomously to give children the best care from their own homes or schools. This role will therefore require a degree of travelling and covering the Southampton area.
To work in conjunction with assigned designated hospitals/centres to deliver education to patient’s families and care givers in the safe administration of parenteral nutrition, biologic therapies and intravenous medications and to administer these medications to children as required. To deliver services in a customer focused, patient centric manner that optimises therapeutic benefit, maximises adherence to treatment and provides a positive patient experience, whilst complying with relevant quality requirements.
The Children’s Nurses are ambassadors for delivering patient focused care which is tailored to the child’s needs. Ensuring all professional standards are excelled and relevant care plan are delivered. You will be treating patients with a wide range of conditions including growth hormones and biologic treatments for conditions such as juvenile arthritis, crohn’s disease and psoriasis. You will manage your own daily workload whilst maintaining stock, supplies and equipment. All clinical data will be recorded accurately to ensure quality care is maintained and delivered, and any adverse effects reported via the correct protocol. You will maintain and demonstrate up to date knowledge, ensuring any gaps in clinical competency are addressed whilst also staying compliant with all business policies and procedures.
Reports to: Clinical Manager
– Clinical skills required include clinical assessment, administering sub-cutaneous injections and cannulation. Also phlebotomy skills would be desirable.
– Strong understanding of therapies relevant to service offering, including NHS knowledge relating to the management of patients with treated conditions.
– Pays close attention to detail, and follows rules and protocols; quality oriented.
– Strong communication skills, including actively listening, communicating sensitively, putting people at ease, and making technical details easy to understand.
– A team player that builds strong relationships with others both within and outside the business.
– Strong customer and patient focus.
– Makes good use of available time; well-developed planning & organisational skills
– Adaptable to change; flexible enough to cope with changing service demands.
– A current clean driving licence is essential.
– Displays a positive work attitude and personal resilience, including effectively controlling emotions, being self-motivated, handling set-backs, and remaining positive.
– Commercially aware and takes business objectives into account when planning work activities.
– I.T. skills (e.g. Word, clinical systems for recording notes/treatment plans)
– RSCN or RN Child, Registered Sick Children’s Nurse
– Experience in a Paediatric Nurse setting, either in hospital or community environment
– Experience in an acute care setting
– Clinical teaching experience
– Experience of undertaking clinical assessments and administering sub-cutaneous injections
– Experience in the care of IV devices and administration of IV therapies
– Teaching and Assessing in Clinical Practice qualification or equivalent such as ENB 998 or C&G 730
– Nursing mentorship qualification
Salary and Benefits –
£31,000 - £34,000 basic salary
Company Car or Allowance of £4,250 per annum
25 days annual leave + 8 Days bank holidays
Private Healthcare after 2 years service
Mobile Phone & Tablet
Death in Service.
** Full detailed job description available**
Key Words – Homecare, RN Child, Registered Sick Children’s Nurse, RSCN
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information and for full job description please contact Zoe Allen at Pulse Jobs on 07918 720922 alternatively please forward your CV to email@example.com
Apply for Children's Homecare Nurse - Southampton
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly