Practice Based Educator - Nursing
7 days left
- Job Type
BMI Priory Hospital in Birmingham is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Practice Based Educator - Nursing to join their team of staff. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to join our team at the Priory Hospital. We strive to deliver excellence in care and are looking for an individual who can lead our training and development within the hospital. You will be key to delivering training as well as working with individuals to develop their core skills.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Registered General Nurse, Part 1 on NMC register or registered practitioner on the HCPC.
- Teaching or mentoring qualification.
- Sound theoretical knowledge.
- Demonstrates evidence of professional development
- Knowledge of NMC and HCPC Codes and guidelines.
- Extensive experience at Senior Registered Nurse/practitioner or equivalent experience in acute setting.
- Able to manage a team including developing potential and performance management.
- Experience of implementation of evidence based practice
Duties of this role include:
- To work as an integral part of the clinical team, providing a high standard if patient centred care meeting the needs of patients, consultants and colleagues. Working alongside the multidisciplinary team to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users.
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Deliver a high standard of care in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- To spend a minimum of 50% time teaching and 50% working clinically, and to maintain a database of all teaching sessions.
- Co-ordinate placements, supervision, mentorship and documentation of Overseas Nursing Programmes and Return to Practice programmes according to NMC and HCPC Guidelines.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
If you would like more information on this fantastic opportunity please contact Charlotte Keates, Associate Director of clinical services on 0121 4402323.