Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Cardiac catheter Lab / Hybrid Interventional Lab.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to support and lead a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- Evidence of working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards.
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1 (Desirable)
- Management qualification (Desirable)
- ILS (Desirable)
- ALS (Desirable)
- PILS (Desirable)
- Enhanced Anaesthetic module (Desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetic equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic
- Assist the Anaesthetist throughout the perioperative phase on care
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date