Registered Nurse, St Cecilia’s Care Home, Bromley
2 days left
- Job Type
Want the chance to use and grow your skills and knowledge while making a difference to society?
Want to be part of a leading organisation which positively impacts on the lives of disabled people across the world?
Leonard Cheshire Disability offers you the chance to become part of a great team!
Leonard Cheshire is the leader in enriching the lives of disabled people. We are the largest disability non-profit organisation in the UK, with around 7,000 employees, and we support more than 20,000 disabled people across our global operations. We honour our past, drawing on our legacy to inspire us for the future. We are in the exciting process of transforming into a modern, relevant and sustainable organisation.
We offer an environment where you can work with great leaders and be part of a team who are passionate making a positive impact on the lives of disabled people. You will have opportunities to learn and grow in your role, building your skills and knowledge in partnership with others.
About the role
St Cecilia's in Bromley is a home, with nursing care, providing care and support for 30 disabled adults. St Cecilia's operates 24/7 and therefore we are looking for someone fully committed to the service and fit it around their own busy lives.
You will be responsible and accountable for providing the highest standards of nursing, clinical and personal support, while promoting independence and choice to our customers. You will directly lead and supervise a team of support staff to ensure the smooth and efficient management of the shift, assessing, prioritising, planning, delegating and monitoring work activities of the support team.
We are looking for full time employees of 37.5 hours per week. Shifts will cover 7 days a week, flexibility to cover nights would be useful but not essential.
About you (please see the job description for full details)
To be successful in this role you will need:
- To be a registered nurse, holding current registration with NMC.
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of nursing theory and best practice at the level of a qualified nurse (level 5), being able to demonstrate effective nursing practice in all basic registered nurse procedures.
- Experience of providing direct personal and social support (experience of working with people who have physical and/or learning disabilities would be advantageous).
- To be able to work flexibly within rostered hours and participate in the on-call rota as required.
- To demonstrate a commitment to Leonard Cheshire Disability’s ethos and values.
We offer a wide range of employee rewards and benefits including:
- Fair and competitive pay rates.
- Contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
- Substantial and flexible annual leave, with the option to buy or sell, depending on needs (salary sacrifice).
- Access to cash health plan at very favourable rates.
- Access to cycle-to-work benefits (salary sacrifice).
- Access to child-care vouchers (salary sacrifice).
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Leonard Cheshire Disability welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Full Time, 36 hours per week. Shifts will cover 7 days a week, flexibility to cover nights would be useful but not essential.
A satisfactory DBS check is required for this role.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.