2 days left
- Job Type
The Nurse and HCA Manager will be working within the treatment rooms and minor ops suites; the post holder will be expected to have excellent knowledge in at least one of the key specialisms in the clinic. These include - Gynaecology, General Practice, Dermatology and Rheumatology.
- Oversee management of staff resources and ensure staff rotas are completed in a timely manner
- Responsible for nursing recruitment and retention in liaison with Practice Manager, induction and delivery of regulatory and mandatory training
- Lead responsibility that the environment in the clinic is clean and safe and to conduct audits, taking corrective action where necessary
- Responsibility in conjunction with Practice Manager for investigation and resolution of complaints and application of disciplinary procedures where appropriate.
- Ensure resources available to deliver nursing
- Maintain, review and implement all policies and procedures relevant to the clinic
- Ensure the preservation of confidentiality in relation to patients, staff and the organisation
- Ensuring appearance, practice and manner of the staff conform to the standards and expectations set by all professional bodies and the Company
- Responsibility for ensuring high standards of infection control
- The post holder will ensure that patients receive the necessary care and treatment to enable progress along an agreed pathway of care, working towards and within the targets of Medispa Technologies Ltd. This will be achieved through the application of specialist knowledge, skills and practice
- Work autonomously and interact effectively within a multi- professional team.
- To provide clinical support within area of specialism, offering expertise, advice and support to all nursing staff
- To take a pro-active approach to the development of clinical skills within the clinic ensuring that practice reflects local standards and policies and are in keeping with relevant professional standards.
- To keep abreast of all clinical developments within the profession and act as a resource for the junior staff, and the multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrate clinical excellence within Gynaecological and Dermatological nursing particularly within the scope of Colposcopy, Endometriosis Services, Acute Gynaecology, Hysteroscopy services and General Gynaecology, contraception, Rheumatology, Dermatology and Aesthetic procedures.
- Demonstrate a commitment to advancing nursing practice by means of research.
- Ensure nursing practice is evidence based.
- Ensure the nursing team is achieving high standards of care and implement any recommendations.
- Lead the team in the writing of Nurse Protocols and ensure they work within their framework.
- Ensure patients privacy, dignity and confidentially is maintained.
- Demonstrate competencies in extended roles such as cannulation and venepuncture
- To liaise with the key stakeholders with regards to the Gynaecology, Rheumatology and Dermatology Services.
- Be aware of resource implications and aim for cost effective care delivery.
- Manage the rota to ensure there is adequate nursing and HCA cover, and manage the phlebotomy rota to ensure there is cover.
- Manage annual leave within the team by ensuring it is evenly distributed throughout the year and the clinic is appropriately staffed.
- Attend meetings in the capacity of departmental lead for Nurse and HCA staff. Disseminate information from meetings back to the team as appropriate.
- Delegate key responsibilities to the team and ensure they are being fulfilled
- Appraise each member of the team annually and undertake performance management where necessary
- Assist with the collation of comments and complaints within the Clinic and formulate action plans to address identified issues. Take a lead role in investigating complaints that have made from or towards any member of the nursing and HCA team, and follow up with action plans.
- Ensure promotion of well-being and safety for the patients, staff and other visitors to the clinical area.
- Ensure that documentation and record keeping is comprehensively maintained. Undertake regular audits of nursing documentation and take corrective action where necessary.
- Induct new team members ensuring they achieve competency prior to undertaking duties independently.
- Report all incidents and complaints to Practice Manager and ensure appropriate documentation is completed.
- Oversee the nursing team to ensure all equipment use is maintained in good working order and its location monitored. Ensure all risk assessments are undertaken where necessary and COSHH sheets are maintained for all substances used within the nursing department.
- Oversee the nursing team to ensure that all management recommendations and consultations of patients are recorded in nursing and medical notes, ensuring that all documentation is maintained to a high standard.
- Ensure all members of the nursing team are up to date with CPD and validation. Take a lead in determining appropriate opportunities for development within the team.
Professional Development and Research
- Ensure that practice is in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct.
- Ensures that practice is in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- To contribute to the achievements of the targets set by the company.
- The post holder must ensure that mandatory clinical updates are attended. Ensure Health and safety at work requirements are maintained and observed.
- To maintain professional competence within the fields of gynaecology, rheumatology and dermatology.
- Demonstrate an awareness of clinical governance issues within gynaecology, rheumatology and dermatology.
- Demonstrate an awareness of current child protection issues.
- Take responsibility for personal development and education about performance review objectives.
- To support team members in finding evidence to support practice
- Participate in teaching programs for the clinical areas within gynaecology, rheumatology and dermatology. Provides education, advice and support for patients within specific medical areas.
- Provide support, advice and education to other members of the clinical team.
- To identify and develop patient information and documentation
- To actively participate in both formal and informal teaching programs for all staff within the company.
Communication and Audit
- To ensure compliance with effective mechanisms that are in place within the team so that all information is disseminated to all members of the team.
- To actively participate in the audit cycle and clinical governance issues, implementing recommendations for practice.
- To meet regularly with the Practice Manager and feedback information from the team.
- To know clinic policies and procedures and to ensure that they are followed
- To develop and maintain a network of contacts both locally and nationally and be pro-active in disseminating knowledge of good practice
- To have a working knowledge of all NMC codes and guidelines relevant to the clinical area.
- Must have strong management skills gained within a comparative setting
- Dermatology, Gynaecology or General Practice knowledge and experience
- Experience in conducting risk assessments and writing policies and protocols
- Must be an RGN
- Possess up to date qualifications and registrations
Apply for Nurse Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly