Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics
About the Department
Our Main adult Theatre is a busy and dynamic environment setting the benchmark for clinical excellence. We have 4 operating suites catering for: Cardiac, Orthopaedics, ENT and Ophthalmic, Plastics, General/Vascular, Urology and Gynaecology. We work with surgeons who are the best in their specialities carrying out simple to the more complex surgeries.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a compassionate Anaesthetics ODP who is motivated to provide excellence in patient care, you will:
- Be a registered ODP with relevant qualification
- Completion of Anaesthetics Course
- Experience working within Anaesthetics
- Experience working with Paediatric and adult patients is desirable
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment
About the Role
To be responsible for providing skilled clinical and technical assistance as a member of the operating theatre team and to participate in the assessment of patient care needs and implement and maintain agreed standards of care. We will provide you with up to date training and continuous education as a valued member of our team.
For more information about this role, please contact email@example.com
Salary and shifts
£30,967-£37,087 per annum depending on experience Shifts will consist of 07:45-15:45 of 13:00-21:00 with on calls at night and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the positioning and preparation of a patient as directed by the surgical team and ensure that any specimens are correctly labelled and dispatched to the laboratory.
- Prepare patients and provide assistance for clinical/ operative procedures, both in anaesthetics and surgery.
- Take charge of the clinical area in the absence of an advanced practitioner ensuring patient, visitors and staff safety.
- Participate in induction and orientation programmes for new staff to ensure a welcoming environment.
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives.
Why work for us?
We are looking for highly skilled and enthusiastic people with vision and ambition. In return, Bupa Cromwell Hospital offers its employees an environment where we embrace employee engagement, performance excellence, development and diversity, helping our people to realise their potential.
As well as competitive salaries, we want you to enjoy working with us. We support and appreciate our people and will help you develop your skills in a challenging and rewarding hospital environment. We have no shareholders, so any profit we make is re-invested in to the business to support our people and improve healthcare for our patients.
We offer a range of benefits, a few of which are listed below. However you can view the full list at the dedicated link on our careers page:
- We'll help balance your home and work life with 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees).
- We believe in our business and the difference it can make, offering you free private medical insurance and subsidised rates for you to cover your immediate family. We also offer you discounts for treatment at the hospital for you and your immediate family if you're not covered by medical insurance.
- We offer peace of mind with free life assurance of three times your base pay.
- We support you in planning for your future with our occupational pension scheme.
- All employees benefit from a specialist online discount website covering your everyday shopping, entertainment, eating out and insurance cover.
- We have an employee referral scheme where you can earn an additional £800 by referring am ex-colleague, friend or family member.
- Our subsidised gym membership will help you keep in tip top shape! If you would prefer a full-body massage, we offer them free to staff too!
- And to keep you well fed, we have a subsidised staff restaurant and coffee shop lead by expert caterers.