Sister/Charge Nurse - Paediatric Ward
About the Department
Our paediatric services include a 15 bedded surgical ward which has recently undergone a major refurbishment and provides an excellent environment for patients, families and staff. Our nursing team takes a multidisplinary approach to provide child and family focused care, in an environment that supports lifelong learning and opportunities for professional development. We have strong links with a number of universities and provide placement opportunities for paediatric nursing students.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an experienced individual who is passionate about delivering excellence in nursing care. If you are an excellent team leader and role model, who can bring us a track record of growing and developing teams, as well as supporting change, we are interested in hearing from you. You will need:
- RSCN/RN (Child)
- Mentorship course
- PILS certified
- Proven experience in a similar position
- Excellent team leader and role model
About the role
This role incorporates both clinical expertise and leadership, working in partnership with the lead nurse and multi disciplinary team, ensuring professionalism and a focus on high standards of patient care at all times. You will provide day to day management of the ward in an environment that supports lifelong learning and opportunities for professional development.
The closing date for this position is 18th November 2016
£41,208-£48,934 depending on experience. You will work 37.5 hours per week and we are able to consider Nurses who would like to work more days than nights.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake clinical duties in any area that is reasonably requested ensuring that you practice within your professional competencies and abilities
- Ensure that care is family centred, sensitive and responsive to the needs of the children and their families.
- Assist the Lead Nurse with operational requirements in the delivery of a consistent, safe service in all aspects of the patient journey whilst instilling a culture of customer service throughout the nursing team.
- Act as a clinical resource and expert in assisting the Lead Nurse and Directorate Manager, in the commissioning of new services.
- Work collaboratively with the nurse educator to ensure a supportive and progressive learning environment.
- Demonstrate independence in clinical decision making, acting as a source of advice for the team.
Why work for us?
We are looking for highly skilled and enthusiastic people with vision and ambition. In return, Bupa Cromwell Hospital offers its employees an environment where we embrace employee engagement, performance excellence, development and diversity, helping our people to realise their potential.
As well as competitive salaries, we want you to enjoy working with us. We support and appreciate our people and will help you develop your skills in a challenging and rewarding hospital environment. We have no shareholders, so any profit we make is re-invested in to the business to support our people and improve healthcare for our patients.
We offer a range of benefits, a few of which are listed below. However you can view the full list at the dedicated link on our careers page:
- We'll help balance your home and work life with 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees).
- We believe in our business and the difference it can make, offering you free private medical insurance and subsidised rates for you to cover your immediate family.
- We also offer you discounts for treatment at the hospital for you and your immediate family if you're not covered by medical insurance.
- We offer peace of mind with free life assurance of three times your base pay.
- We support you in planning for your future with our occupational pension scheme.
- All employees benefit from a specialist online discount website covering your everyday shopping, entertainment, eating out and insurance cover.
- We have an employee referral scheme where you can earn an additional £800 by referring an ex-colleague, friend or family member.
- Our subsidised gym membership will help you keep in tip top shape!
- If you would prefer a full-body massage, we offer them free to staff too!