Healthcare Assistant (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Bath Clinic in Bath has a vacancy for a Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff.
This role is offered on a Bank basis, with shifts offered on an "as and when required" basis. To cover periods of leave and to supplement staff during busy times. Hours between 7am and 8pm daily seven days a week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience of working within a clinical/care environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good general education, literature and numeracy
- Previous experience of working within an acute/hospital clinical environment
- Health / care related qualification or completed programme of study
Duties of this role include:
- Provide care to a group of patients as allocated by the nurse-in-charge on a day to day basis
- Provision of care to a group of patients to be under supervision of a Registered Nurse and involves undertaking tasks delegated by a Registered Nurse
- Only undertake delegated tasks that are within the remit of own training, competence, knowledge and understanding
- Prepare patient documentation prior to admission and following discharge
- Ensure that the general ward environment and patient rooms are generally in a tidy state
- Supervise and assist patients as necessary to undertake activities of daily living, for example, to mobilise, maintain hygiene needs, maintain dignity and privacy, access toilet facilities or equipment and to meet their nutrition and hydration needs
- Undertake vital sign observations and NEWS scoring, recording these accurately and immediately informing a Registered Nurse if any vital sign observation is outside of normal parameters or the NEWS score identifies that action must be taken
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.