BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Edgbaston Hospital in Birmingham has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their professional team of staff in the wards.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RGN or post EN conversion course
- Post registration clinical course (desirable)
- Up to date knowledge in acute medicine / surgery
- Aware of NMC code of accountability
- Basic ward management
- Proven experience in an acute hospital
- Surgical experience in orthopaedics/ gynae/ general surgery/ cosmetics beneficial.
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies as a skilled member of the ward nursing team
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors
- To assist Senior Staff in their management of the hospital's wards and to provide effective leadership and management in their absence
- To assist in other wards or departments as required by the Director of Clinical Services
- To exercise economy in the use of drugs, dressings and equipment, providing a safe and cost effective service
- To conduct yourself professionally within the standard and framework provided by the NMC “Code of Professional Conduct”
- To work within the principles and framework provided by the NMC “Scope of Professional Practice”
- To actively participate in clinical teaching in the ward area under the direction of senior staff
- To work with senior staff to ensure the ward environment is conducive to satisfactory and continuing education and training programmes
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Dental Plan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.