BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Highfield Hospital in Rochdale has a vacancy for an Endoscopy Practitioner to join their team of staff.
This role is offered on a permanent, full time basis at 37.5 hours per week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse (Level 1) or Registered Operating Department Practitioner Valid NMC/HCPC registration
- Endoscopy training and experience
- Skills in anaesthetics/scrub/recovery
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Knowledge of professional (NMC/HCPC) codes and Hospital Policies and Procedures
Duties of this role include:
- Demonstrate and maintain consistently high standards of nursing care and professional accountability within the endoscopy suite and the operating department.
- To plan and implement care of individual patients within the department where appropriate.
- Preparation and decontamination of flexible endoscopy equipment
- Provide assistance to the Consultant during endoscopy procedures.
- Management of specimens taken during endoscopy procedures
- Completion of patient documentation.
- Participate in Outpatient Gastroenterology Clinics, preparing patients for the proposed admission and procedures.
- To ensure that theatre operational policies are maintained and complied with; to advise senior staff of any amendments considered desirable.
- To assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audits where appropriate
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form and we will be in touch within 14 days of the closing date.