Senior Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics - Ayrshire
Position - Senior Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics - Ayrshire
Ref - EKSNRTPA
Salary - £21,028
Hours - Part Time - 30 hours
Our client has a vacancy for a Senior Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This role is offered on a permanent, part time basis at 30 hours per week
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
* Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to support and lead a team
* Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
* Evidence of working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards.
* ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1
* Management qualification
* Enhanced Anaesthetic module
* Previous experience at Senior level
* Previous experience in Private Health Care
Duties of this role include:
* Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetic equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia.
* The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner
* Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent and WHO checklist prior to the start of the anaesthetic
* Assist the Anaesthetist throughout the perioperative phase on care
* Assist the anaesthetist in monitoring the patient's condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
* Administer drugs and fluids to the appropriate GHG policy
* Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
* Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including consumables, equipment and drugs.
Key Words - Senior, theatre Practitioner, Anaesthetics, Theatres, Surgical, Scrub
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Ellie King at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 alternatively please forward your CV