Theatre Practitioner - Blackburn
Position - Theatre Practitioner - Blackburn
Ref - EKTHPRAC3
Location - Blackburn
Salary - up to £29,000
Hours - Full Time
The Vacancy -
My client is currently looking for a Theatre practitioner to join their theatre team at Blackburn.
The successful candidate will provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care. You will also support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department.
Main responsibilities - The successful candidate will:
* Assist in the delivery of patient care
* Contribute to quality improvement
* Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
* Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
* Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
* Respect the patient's dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
Key accountabilities -
* Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments, and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
* The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
* Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the procedure
* Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure.
* Monitor the patient's condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
* Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
* Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including prosthesis, equipment/instruments and drugs.
* Administer any drugs or fluids in accordance with the appropriate GHG policy
* Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate manager is informed.
* Complete all written documentation in a timely manor and to an acceptable level.
* Act proficiently in the 'circulating role'
* Act as a role model and mentor to junior staff.
* Promote and ensure an environment conducive to the continuing prevention and control of infection for all staff, patients and visitors.
* Be aware of and comply with all infection prevention and control policies and ensure best practice is maintained to ensure low infection rates.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
* External Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification. (Desirable)
* Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills (Desirable)
* ENB 998 and/or mentorship course (Desirable)
Key Words - Theatre, ODP, Scrub, Anaesthetics, Recovery, Practitioner, HCPC, NMC.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Ellie Conlon at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 alternatively please forward your CV