BMI Thornbury Hospital in Sheffield is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Wards Department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Proactive and driven to succeed
- Good organisational and planning skills, including risk management
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
- Must be a Registered Nurse with valid NMC registration
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
Duties of this role include:
- To manage a clinical caseload, providing nursing assessment and treatment to the highest standard
- Provide nursing assessment and treatment for Medical and Surgical patients, participating in these patients’ follow-up care as appropriate.
- To provide excellent customer service and promote a professional and caring environment
- To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks
- To take an active role in supporting the implementation of national developments locally
- To ensure the department maintains CQC accreditation
- To participate in weekend/night rota
- Maintain professional standards in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Ensure compliance with standards in respect of all legislative requirements (including but not limited to CQC, SHE, DSE, Fire, COSHH, BLS, Manual Handling, Safeguarding Children, Information Security, and Infection Control)
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of charge forms, patient records and other documents. Ensure all such forms are stored safely and in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
- Help to promote a culture of customer service throughout the nursing department, and identify areas for improvement as appropriate
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.