BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Southend have an opportunity for a Healthcare Assistant to support our Outpatients Department.
This is a part-time post for 30 hours per week, working shifts as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications Required:
- BMI Health Care Assistant Foundation Course.
- Evidence of professional development.
Previous experience in a similar role desirable
Role Purpose & Core Responsibilities:
- Always to work under the guidance of a registered nurse and communicate effectively with that person and others.
- Undertake observations of temperature, pulse, respiratory rate and blood pressure as instructed by the registered nurse or at pre agreed times. Recognise the significance of patient observations and inform the RN immediately of any changes and deviations from the norm.
- Maintain high standards of patient care throughout the patient’s journey, admission to discharge, and utilizing care pathways as appropriate.
- Undertake collection and testing of specimens
- Handover the patient to theatre staff once the RN has checked and countersigned all completed paperwork.
- Ensure all paperwork is checked and countersigned by an RN.
- Continually seek improvement in working practice
- Perform dressings when training has been completed under instruction from an RN.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form.