Registered Nurse - Pre Assessment
BMI Sarum Road Hospital in Winchester is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Pre-Assessment department.
This is a PART time role for 20 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- ENB998 or equivalent
- Evidence of further work-based development
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels
- Systematic and methodical approach
- PC/keyboard skills
- Sound clinical experience
- Able to demonstrate the ability to perform comprehensive clinical assessment and act upon the findings
Duties of this role include:
- To address the problems associated with reducing the average length of stay and the increase in day patient activity by ensuring all patients booked in for surgery are aware of all procedures required for their stay.
- To ensure that all queries patients have will be answered effectively, with the aim of empowering patients to actively participate in their plan of care.
- To ensure that investigations are performed and baseline observations taken to ascertain the patient’s general health and condition prior to surgery.
- To act upon the above information in order to minimise potential clinical and financial risks by initiating appropriate plans of care alongside early discharge planning where indicated.
- To co-ordinate all Pre-Assessments that are carried out in line with the Hospital’s Pre-Admission policy and procedure and NICE guidelines for Pre-Operative tests.
- Reports directly to the Pre-Assessment Nurse Lead
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.