Registered Nurse - Pre Assessment
BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital in Guildford is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Pre-Assessment department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Current first level Registered Nurse with NMC
- Evidence of recent professional development
- Post registration relevant experience within an elective surgical setting
- ENB 998 or City and Guilds 730 or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Willingness to extend clinical knowledge and skills
- Broad range of knowledge relating to different elective surgical procedures and the associated risks and benefits of surgery
Duties of this role include:
- This post will take the lead role for the pre-operative assessment of patients awaiting elective in- patient and day case surgery and will participate in pre-screening and pre-assessment across all the surgical specialities.
- The key focus is to ensure that patients are prepared physically and psychologically for a planned operative procedure, ensuring appropriate information provision and identifying potential discharge concerns.
- The pre-screening function ensures that patients are fit and able to undergo a surgical procedure, prior to addition to the waiting list.
- This role will be responsible for ensuring a comprehensive, patient centred service for surgical patients. This requires an element of autonomous nurse led practice for patients due to attend for surgery and clinical expertise in result interpretation and decision making.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.