BMI Runnymede Hospital in Chertsey is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Situated next to St Peters NHS Trust on the outskirts of M25 near Chertsey. We are a busy 52 bedded acute hospital with a friendly environment. We also have training and development available.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Pre -Admissions and Wards department.
This is a PART time role for 15 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered General Nurse
- Post registration surgical experience
- Good all-round knowledge of surgical patients from different specialities
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Good telephone manner
- Good theoretical knowledge
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Committed to the provision of a quality service to our patients and consultants
- Familiar with clinical governance activities
Duties of this role include:
- To work within a team of staff, working towards optimisation of patient’s health prior to their admission to hospital for surgery through pre-assessment of elective cases.
- To demonstrate a consistently high standard of care in keeping with the philosophies of the hospital and department, NMC Code and the hospital policies and protocols.
- To develop your knowledge of nursing practice relevant to clinical areas.
To ensure the continuity of high quality patient care, providing safety, dignity and confidentiality of patients, visitors and staff members.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.