Staff Nurse - Trache & Vent Experience - Neuro Rehab - York
Position - Staff Nurse - Trache & Vent Experience - Neuro Rehab - York
Ref - STTRVEYR
Salary -£28,000 - £35,000
Hours - Full Time
My client is currently seeking a Staff Nurse with Trache and vent experience to join their specialist neurological rehabilitation team in York, providing intensive assessment and rehabilitation for a spectrum of neurological conditions including acquired brain injury, spinal injury and stroke, alongside longer-term support for individuals with progressive neurological conditions such as Huntington's disease, multiple sclerosis, motor neurone disease and Parkinson's disease.
My client has provided a specialist four-bed spinal service for ventilated patients Specialist nurses. The site provides care for those who are minimally conscious or in a state of low arousal. Residents with ongoing nursing needs resulting from diabetes, epilepsy, open wounds and those with stoma, tracheostomy or feeding tubes can also be supported.
* Exercise general and professional supervision of nursing and rehabilitation staff on shift.
* Lead and work with nursing and rehabilitation staff to ensure a high standard of rehabilitation for residents.
* Assist with recruitment and selection in the absence of the Senior Staff Nurse.
* Oversee induction and performance reviews of staff and assist with staff training as required.
* Monitor performance and assist in identifying training and development needs in accordance with laid down requirements.
* Supervise nursing and rehabilitation activities according to rehabilitation plans.
* Ensure the updating and adaptation of rotas as necessary to ensure adequate cover in the nursing and rehabilitation team, keeping within allocated staff establishment hours.
* Carry out procedures for assessment of residents' needs and ensuring rehabilitation plans are implemented and monitored, so as to meet their physical and emotional requirements.
* Carry out all procedures relating to the administration of medication when required, as specified by the current legislation and NMC and registration guidelines.
* Carry out all procedures relating to the personal rehabilitation and nutritional needs of residents and s, dealing with emergencies as they arise.
* Be aware of the emotional and pastoral/spiritual needs of staff, residents, and their relatives, and provide support and guidance as appropriate.
* Registered member of NMC
* Experience in an acute rehabilitation setting caring for patients with spinal injuries
* Ability to make important decisions affecting the health and welfare of the residents and s.
* Ability to make decisions, in line with policy and guidance, regarding the day-to-day operation of the centre in the absence of the senior management team.
* Professional post-qualification experience - at least one year
* Communication skills
* Staff management.
* Neuro Disability experience
* Neuro Rehabilitation experience
* Organisational skills
* Budget management skills
* Neuro Disability experience
* IT literacy in Microsoft office
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Sam Taylor at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 or alternatively please forward your CV to Sam.A-