Night Support Worker - Devon
Position - Night Support Worker - Devon
Ref - STNSWDE
Location - Devon
Salary - £8 PH
Hours - Full Time
Reports To: Team Leader
The Vacancy -
My client is currently looking for a night support worker to join their team at Devon.
The successful candidate will provide support to their service users appropriate to their individuals needs ensuring that each service user leads a full and valued life. You will contribute to providing a homely environment, whereby the service user has maximum involvement in their own activities and decision making. To enable service users to participate in and contribute to the local community.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities -
* Establish and maintain professional working relationships with the service users, contributing to the creation of a homely and pleasant living environment for each service user.
* During the course of your work you will at all times conduct yourself in a professional manner acting as a role model to colleagues and service users contributing to the delivery of quality services. To work as a member of the team, contributing to the team ethos and supporting service users(s) and colleagues appropriately.
* Facilitate the evening and night time routines of the service users including personal care promoting a high standard of personal hygiene at all times.
* Participate in the development of service user(s) support plans, risk assessments and programmes, complete written records as necessary and in accordance with the guidelines provided.
* Implement individual support plans to meet the needs of the service user(s). Highlight any issues/concerns to the Team Leader to ensure the service user(s) receive quality services at all times.
* Participate and contribute as required to individual service user review meetings and support plans within boundaries set by senior colleagues.
* In accordance with individual support plan, enable the service user(s) to look after and clean their own rooms, organise their personal possessions, clothing and other personal effects. Assist in the cleaning and maintenance of all rooms, fixtures and fittings thereby maintaining a safe environment for service users and staff.
* Enable service user(s) to access and utilise the resources and activities available within their local and wider communities. Accompany service user(S) as required, ensuring they get to and from activities safely and promptly.
* Accompany service user(s) on activities and actively participate as required.
* You are required to report any enquiries /issues and/or concerns to the line manager providing information to enable them to take appropriate action.
Training, Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
* NVQ or QCF level 2 HSC ( or willing to work towards this qualification within the first year )
* Excellent communication skills both written and oral
* Basic numerical skills
* Ability to work under stressful situations. i.e. challenging behaviour, work load and meeting deadlines
* IT skills including the ability to open and send emails using Outlook, the ability to use Microsoft office and the ability to navigate the internet
* Excellent communication skills, positive attitude, flexible approach, ability to set and meet high standards.
* Ability to accompany service users on visits/appointments/activities
* Ability to attend training and team meetings either at location or off location
* Willingness to adopt the Trust's values and aspirations
* Knowledge of or willingness to develop a knowledge and understanding of people with disabilities ( Diagnosis specific to location )
* Team working
* Experience of working within a care environment
* Knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding
* Awareness of local regulators (CQC, CSSIW, HIS .Ofsted)
* Working on own initiative
* Work experience within the care settings
* 28 days Annual Leave
* Pension Scheme
* Eye Care Voucher Scheme
* Group Life Assurance
Key Words - Night Support Worker, HCA, Healthcare Assistant, Rehabilitation, Brain Injury, Autism, Learning Disabilities.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Sam Taylor at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 alternatively please forward your CV to Sam.A-
Apply for Night Support Worker - Devon
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly