Registered Nurse (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Ross Hall Hospital in Glasgow has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the - department.
This role is offered on a Bank basis, with shifts offered on an "as and when required" basis. To cover periods of leave and to supplement staff during busy times.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Post Registration courses.
• People skills.
• Organisational skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Hospital experience in medical and surgical units.
• Treatment Room Nurse.
• Other relevant experience.
Duties of this role include:
• Organise the Consulting Suite Department ensuring an efficient and courteous service is provided for the clients.
• Provide expertise, knowledge and information as appropriate.
• Deliver the highest standards of nursing care and to ensure the privacy of the client at all times.
• Respect cultural differences and respond to communication difficulties.
• Respond effectively to the needs of the Doctors and Physicians in the department.
• Deputise in the absence of the Administrative Sister / Sister to ensure smooth running of the department.
• Continue to develop professionally to ensure smooth running of the department.
• Provide day-to-day management of the department in the absence of the Administrative Sister / Sister.
• Participate with page holding for arrest and fire calls.
• Teaching and orientating new and bank staff members.
• Participate in the pre-operation clinic now that it is part of the department. This includes assessing the patients and gathering the relevant information.
• Represent the department on Health and Safety issues.
• Keep accurate training records and attend training days.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.