BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff.
This role is offered on a permanent, part time basis at 30hours per week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RGN - Diploma or degree desirable.
- Must have proven experience as Staff Nurse (Band 5).
- Invasive cardiology / interventional radiology, experience and relevant qualifications desirable.
- Actively maintain own professional development in accordance with service needs, evolving legislation and professional issues in conjunction with NMC policies and guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Duties of this role include:
- To promote a professional and competent image, treating all patients, colleagues and visitors with respect and dignity
- To manage the clinical care of all patients to deliver a high quality evidence based nursing care
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual patient care
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate equipment, instruments, and consumables for a wide range of cardiac and interventional radiology procedures.
- To participate in the undertaking of nursing duties for a full range of general and specialised cardiology procedures, maintaining a high technical and patients care standard in a safe environment.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and additional equipment during a procedural list ensuring the equipment is used appropriately and safely.
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients identity against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the procedure
- Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you.