Senior Registered Nurse
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the Downing Suite.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered with NMC at level 1
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to support and lead a department.
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants balanced with skill to act as patient advocate.
- Previous experience as Staff Nurse.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Knowledge of Care Quality Commission standards
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course
Duties of this role include:
- To oversee the ward teams to ensure provision of a high quality clinical care environment to agreed standards and objectives;
- To work within guidelines of labour management tool and ensure appropriate skill mix within the wards according to resources and clinical needs.
- Ensure the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of high standards of nursing care through regular review of policies and continuing monitoring of clinical practice;
- Ensure the legibility and accuracy of patient care plans and/or other reports, charts and records.
- Provide support and guidance for members of staff,
- Work actively as part of an effective nursing team
- Be pro-active in ensuring high quality clinical nursing care and audit as appropriate to monitor the effectiveness of any new interventions and propose change as necessary.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.