Sister / Charge Nurse
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
As part of the UK’s largest independent healthcare employer BMI Goring Hall Hospital is an excellent location to develop or consolidate your clinical career. We pride ourselves on the quality of care delivery to our patients. It allows healthcare professionals to deliver direct patient care and to innovate.
Whether you are newly-qualified, returning from a career break, or looking for a new challenge, we have some exceptional opportunities to build your career in healthcare. As a flexible employer, we will consider part-time applicants for all full time vacancies. We appreciate that a work/life balance is important and enables healthcare professionals to deliver the best care possible.
The hospital team includes over 90 consultants who are assisted by a Resident Medical Officer, available 24 hours a day. Goring Hall Hospital has 170 employees and 130 bank staff. We handle over 2,000 inpatient, 4,000 day case and 3,000 outpatient procedures a year.
Patient care is undeniably our first concern. Our dedicated healthcare team provides professional care within a comfortable environment, helping to ensure that coming into hospital is a more pleasurable and less anxious time for patients and their relatives.
We have an opportunity for a Sister/Charge Nurse to join their team of staff in the Pre-Assessment department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Up to date surgical knowledge and skills
- Registered Nurse
- Post Registration qualification in an applicable area of assessment or surgical skills
- Aware of NMC code of accountability
- Department management/stats/financial control
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates confidentiality
- Enhanced computer skills
- Phlebotomy skills and post grad course(mentorship/surgical/endoscopy)
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the department team.
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all customers, employees and visitors.
- To assist Senior Staff in their management of the department and to provide effective leadership and management in their absence. To deliver a Pre- Assessment nursing services and prepare elective patients safely prior to admission.
- To provide an efficient and effective service for patients, consultants and staff
- To accept delegated responsibilities from the department manager
- To ensure capture of all sources of revenue generated within the department
- To work with the Pre Assessment team, in the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of nursing care as the point of contact for the patient and ensuring adequate processes are in place at every stage in the patient journey to provide the highest level of care
- To coordinate PA activities in the absence of the pre-assessment lead
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.