Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Hertfordshire Council works in partnership with central government and local organisations to help support the citizens of the county. Serco`s innovative partnership with Hertfordshire County Council and the NHS is expanding and we need people who are enthusiastic, committed and resilient to join our hard working and caring team.
We are currently recruiting for a Clinical Nurse. The key element of your role as Clinical Nurse is to be responsible for the assessment of health and clinical needs, utilising professional clinical judgement. You will also provide assessment, advice and health information supporting individuals to access the appropriate level of care.
Bring together, analyse and critically evaluate a range of information provided by the referrer to provide accurate advice and health information.
Maintain an up to date awareness of current policies and utilise acquired skills in mental health, child protection, medication enquiries and all other aspects of general healthcare.
Liaise effectively between caller and third party in critical situations/areas of concern e.g. elder abuse, where information is not consistent or may be disputed.
Keep immediate and accurate records of referrals/enquiries to the service.
Refer to other clinician colleagues as necessary for advice, but to maintain accountability and responsibility for decisions made in relation to clinical calls.
Adhere to and implement national and local policies and procedures and work within the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
Maintain a working knowledge of emergency procedures and escalate issues affecting service delivery as necessary.
Inform senior colleagues of any factors affecting delivery of the service as soon as they arise.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
Registered Nurse (RN).
- Experience in a similar role would be highly advantageous.
- Evidence of consolidating post qualification practice, preferably across a range of clinical settings.
- The ability to assess the needs of patients (from referral information) over the telephone utilising critical thinking.
- An ability to use initiative in working both independently and as part of a team, working within the boundaries of the role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a clear ability to understand and be understood.
- This role offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to make a significant impact providing an essential service.
If you feel you meet the criteria for the role please apply and upload a copy of your CV.