Registered Nurse - Pre-assessment (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Shirley Oaks Hospital in Striling has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff within the Pre-assessment Department on a bank basis.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should have the following:
- NMC level 1 registered nurse
- Strong Post Registration experience a surgical role.
- ECG taking and interpretation
- Phlebotomy skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal sensitively with all our customers and to liaise effectively with medical and nursing staff
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Experience in Pre Assessment unit (preferable)
Post registration courses as Pre assessment (preferable)
Duties of this role include:
- To deliver an advanced specialist preoperative service for patients undergoing elective surgery
- Be recognised as an expert in their field
- To work within the established Pre Assessment Team and the wider hospital team
- To actively review and support the on-going development of a fully comprehensive nurse led pre assessment service
- To provide specialist nursing advice and support to patients, their families and other healthcare professionals from point of decision to carry out surgical intervention through to admission
- To actively contribute to the reduction of length of stay
- To carry out detailed preoperative assessment of elective patients, including initiation of discharge planning procedures
- To carry out/ initiate preoperative investigations/diagnostic tests in line with existing pre-assessment protocols
- To be responsible for following up and reviewing investigation results and alerting appropriate clinicians as necessary
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.