BMI Chaucer Hospital in Canterbury is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Embryologist to join the team in the Fertility Clinic based at BMI Chaucer Hospital in Canterbury. We are a small Fertility Centre in the South East of England, and as such we pride ourselves on treating our patients with the personal touch provided by a cohesive multi- disciplinary team. We offer a comprehensive range of fertility options in a supportive and caring environment.
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to gain wider experience by being part of the BMI Healthcare Fertility group.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- BSc (Biology based).
- HFEA ICSI Licence.
- State Registered Clinical Scientist or completion of ACE certificate and actively working towards registration
- Member of ACE
- Theoretical and practical embryology and andrology skills.
- Skill with managing people
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Knowledge of professional codes.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Good organisational skills.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools.
- Experience as a clinical embryologist.
- Experience of quality schemes
Duties of this role include:
- To provide the fertility service with skills as agreed and to maintain those skills to ensure a high success rate and practices that fall within the standards laid down by the HFEA and in accordance with other prevailing provisions of this ACT, including the right to conscientiously object to perform in any procedures within the Brabourne Suite (but not in contradiction with the Equality Act).
- To contribute to high morale within the Brabourne Team, a safe working environment and a successful service.
- Responsible for the provision of embryology services in a professional and competent manner.
- To perform laboratory-based procedures to agreed protocols
- To perform media and equipment preparation for all investigations and treatment procedures
- To ensure that adequate stocks of laboratory consumables are maintained
- To ensure the traceability of consumables is recorded and updated accurately
- To prepare media for sperm preparation, oocyte retrieval, insemination, embryo culture, PESA, TESA, sperm freezing, embryo cryopreservation and thawing, and embryo transfer
- To ensure liquid nitrogen levels and alarm system are checked to maintain at a level to ensure safe storage of gametes and embryos
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.