Theatre Practitioner - Multi-Disciplined (Bank)
BMI Healthcare is the UK’s largest private hospital group, with many of opportunities for you to develop your career with us. Joining us means being a part of our commitment to quality, working with a world-class team to deliver optimum patient experiences.
BMI Healthcare’s Gisburne Park hospital in Gisburne has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner in Scrub, Recovery and/or Anaesthetics to join their team of staff within the Theatres Department.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Anaesthetic experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
Duties of this role include:
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- an appropriate and safe manner.
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient’s identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic and prior to the start of the procedure.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.