Registered Nurse - Pre-Assessment (Bank)
6 days left
- Job Type
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Ridgeway Hospital in Swindon are recruiting for Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Pre-Assessment Department
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Excellent clinical skills and knowledge, preferably within the Pre Assessment environment.
- Knowledge of BMI Pre-assessment guidelines and CG53 Surgical Pre-operative assessment Nice Guidance. AAGBI Guidelines.
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills.
- Organised and systematic approach to work.
- Computer literate.
- Flexible approach to workload.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written.
- Ability to manage own workload and work with minimal supervision.
- Effective interpersonal relationships with colleagues in healthcare at all levels.
- Assertiveness skills- ability to challenge and act as patient’s advocate.
- Ability to work as a key member of the wider clinical team
Duties of this role include:
- To provide an effective, evidence based pre-operative assessment service for patients undergoing a variety of elective surgical or diagnostic procedures.
- Identify and act on potential/ actual clinical risks that may impact on the patients undergoing anaesthesia and surgery.
- Reduce the risk of last minute cancelled operations
- Provide patients with accurate information relating to the intended procedure to assist them to understand the pre and post- operative journey, ensuring that discharge arrangements can be planned in advice of admission.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.