BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
As part of the UK’s largest independent healthcare employer BMI Goring Hall Hospital is an excellent location to develop or consolidate your clinical career. We pride ourselves on the quality of care delivery to our patients. It allows healthcare professionals to deliver direct patient care and to innovate.
Whether you are newly-qualified, returning from a career break, or looking for a new challenge, we have some exceptional opportunities to build your career in healthcare. As a flexible employer, we will consider part-time applicants for all full time vacancies. We appreciate that a work/life balance is important and enables healthcare professionals to deliver the best care possible.
The hospital team includes over 90 consultants who are assisted by a Resident Medical Officer, available 24 hours a day. Goring Hall Hospital has 170 employees and 130 bank staff. We handle over 2,000 inpatient, 4,000 day case and 3,000 outpatient procedures a year.
The hospital has 3 main Theatres, an Endoscopy Theatre and a Minor Operations Suite. Patient accommodation consists of Ilex ward (22 beds), Extended Recovery (4 beds) Day Care Unit (12 beds) and a “walk in walk out” lounge.
Patient care is undeniably our first concern. Our dedicated healthcare team provides professional care within a comfortable environment, helping to ensure that coming into hospital is a more pleasurable and less anxious time for patients and their relatives.
Whatever your area of clinical practice the hospital has something to offer you:
All practitioners receive the support necessary to develop competency
Internal and external training courses offered to support safe practice.
Dedicated endoscopy team and identified leads for each speciality.
All lists are staffed according to AfPP recommendations.
There lists run 6 days a week between 08:00- 20:00.
BMI Healthcare’s Goring Hall Hospital in Goring-By-Sea has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff within the Theatres Department.
This post is for 37.5 hours per week
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Approved/recognised theatre practice, recovery or anaesthetic course.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course
- External Advanced Scrub Practitioner Course
Duties of this role include:
- Deliver and supervise care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Demonstrate compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical /technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.