Registered Nurse (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Beardwood Hospital in Blackburn has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Nursing department.
This role is offered on a Bank basis, with shifts offered on an "as and when required" basis. To cover periods of leave and to supplement staff during busy times.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RGN or post EN conversion course
- Post registration clinical course (desirable)
- Up to date knowledge in acute medicine / surgery
- Aware of NMC code of accountability
- Surgical ward management
- Proven experience in an acute hospital
- Preferred HDU experience
Duties of this role include:
- To plan and implement nursing care of individual patients
- To take charge of the ward in absence of Ward Manager and other senior nursing staff
- To provide support and guidance for junior staff members
- To ensure that ward operational policies are maintained and complied with; to advise senior staff of any amendments considered desirable
- To participate in a programme of Quality Assurance as directed by staff
- To ensure that all Health and Safety policies and other relevant legislation procedures are read, understood and complied with as far as is reasonably practicable
- To assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audits
- To act as a resource for all bank and agency staff as necessary and ensure full understanding of Health & Safety requirements
- To assist in other wards or departments as required by the Ward Manager & Director of Clinical Services
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.