Registered Nurse - Pre Assessment (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Gisburn Park Hospital in Lancashire has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse - Pre Assessment to join their team of staff in the Nursing department.
This role is offered on a Bank basis, with shifts offered on an "as and when required" basis. To cover periods of leave and to supplement staff during busy times.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Phlebotomy training, taking blood samples and interpreting results.
- Undertaking and interpreting ECG's
- Understanding of NICE/CQC standards and guidelines
- Proven post qualification experience
- Problem solving experience and capability.
- Knowledge of private sector nursing desirable.
- Advanced computer skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience in pre-admission desirable.
- Previous experience in surgical nursing desirable.
- Customer care training essential.
- Excellent time management.
Duties of this role include:
- Through clinical standards and a professional approach, ensure that the highest standards of care are delivered.
- Prioritise and organise workload in order to provide an efficient service.
- Have the necessary skills to carry out tasks that the role requires including phlebotomy, performing ECG's, IT skills.
- To ensure an efficient, informative delivery of service to patients by liaising with X-Ray, Physiotherapy, Ward, Theatre, Admissions and other departments as required.
- Ensure full compliance with mandatory training, attending practical sessions and completing e-learning.
- Provide support to the Pre Admission lead nurse and the Consulting Suites Lead.
- Ensure all documentation is completed accurately and promptly and in line with BMI policy
- Full compliance with CQC standards, along with GHG/BMI policies and procedures.
- Be proficient in using relevant computer processes such as Ultragenda, Maxims pathology ordering and Peoplesoft.
- Relay patient information to Consultants and the Resident Medical Officer promptly and accurately and ensure instructions are acted upon immediately.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.