Theatre Practitioner - Multi-Disciplined (Bank)
BMI Healthcare is the UK’s largest private hospital group, with many of opportunities for you to develop your career with us. Joining us means being a part of our commitment to quality, working with a world-class team to deliver optimum patient experiences.
BMI Healthcare’s Highfield hospital in Rochdale has a vacancy for Theatre Practitioners in any discipline to join their team of staff within the theatres Department on a Bank basis.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetics or scurb course.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- Mentorship course Qualifications
Duties of this role include:
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetic, surgical and recovery equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia. To ensure the safe care of the patient during their perioperative phase of care.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during the operating list and during the immediate post-operative phase of care ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner.
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient’s identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic and prior to the start of the procedure.
- Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.