Theatre Practitioner (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Fernbrae Hospital in Dundee has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This role is offered on a Bank basis, with shifts offered on an "as and when required" basis. To cover periods of leave and to supplement staff during busy times.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC / HPC registration
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1
- External Advanced Scrub Practitioner Course
Duties of this role include:
- Order, assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical and recovery equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia. To ensure the safe care of the patient during their perioperative phase of care.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during the operating list and during the immediate post-operative phase of care ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner.
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient’s identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the procedure.
- Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure and following completion of procedure prior to tray removal.
- Assist the Anaesthetist during the immediate postoperative phase of care as required.
- Monitor the patient’s condition throughout the immediate post-operative phase of care, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning
- Proactively monitor the patient’s level of discomfort/pain and take appropriate actions to ensure the patient is comfortable.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you.