Endoscopy Practitioner (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Princess Margaret Hospital are recruiting for Endoscopy Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Endoscopy department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
- Basic and advanced Competence / qualification in Endoscopy Care and Decontamination
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies (Care Quality Commission, GRS, JAG, HTM 01 -06).
- Experience and training in pain management, care of the deteriorating patient, care of patient under conscious sedation requiring monitored recovery
- Experience of clinical governance and audit
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills including clinical and decontamination.
Duties of this role include:
- Actively assist in the organisation of care provision within the Endoscopy Unit.
- Provide quality planned care for patients during their peri procedure phase of care by delivering quality patient care.
- Provide safe high quality patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Implement best practice standards (HTM 01 – 06, Royal College guidelines, GRS, JAG, etc.) in endoscopy service delivery
- Encourage, develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Develop and support business initiatives, polices and strategies which improve the service delivered to all our customers.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.