Endoscopy Manager - London
Salary: up to £54,235 + benefits
Are you a senior/lead Endoscopy nurse now wanting the next step up in your career or currently at a manager level wanting a new rewarding work challenge? Either way we would be keen to tell you more about this new Endoscopy nursing opportunity.
We are working within a Central London private hospital's Endoscopy Unit to recruit a new manager. The unit currently consists of one procedure room along with three patient beds as well as access to in-patient beds and undertakes a range of diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy including PEG and Capsule Endoscopy.
You will be managing a team of specialist endoscopy nurses and working alongside renowned consultants in their field.
Liaising with the wider senior team across the hospital, you will ensure a high standard of patient care at all times, you will also lead the operational management of the unit by prioritising work load, staff deployment, recruitment and the promotion of team and multidisciplinary working. This role really does offer great career advancement options.
In return this employer is offering a contribution pension scheme, the use of all clinical facilities across the organisations nationwide network for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. Relocation packages are available if you are living outside of London or the UK.
The salary is up to £54,235 per annum + pension scheme + other attractive benefits - depending on experience.
Hours: 37.50hrs per week (Monday-Friday, 7:00am-21:00pm, mix of long and short days)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that they and others can appropriately assess, plan, implement and evaluate the care they provide
- Assumes the role of clinical nursing expert for areas of responsibility
- Participates in and formulates the Endoscopy out of hours On-Call rota Plan and prepare bed allocation
- Ensures all staff members make efficient use of available resources with regard to budgetary constraints and business objectives
- Ensure staffing levels are at the correct level
- Continually seeks to develop own and staff clinical skills to meet service users expectations
- Undertakes annual training needs analysis in order to ensure that staff education meets both CPD requirements and department business imperatives
- Plans and evaluates the work of staff through the use of competency based appraisal
Skills & Experience
- RGN with valid NMC PIN
- Extensive experience within an Endoscopy environment and experience in decontamination of flexible endoscopes
- Experience of shift leading
- Sound understanding / experience of GRS / JAG accreditation
- Desirable completed Endoscopy and Mentorship course
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
To discuss this opportunity further you call us today or complete the form to apply and one of our Consultants will be in touch with you as soon as possible.