BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
As part of the UK's largest independent healthcare employer BMI Esperance Hospital in Eastbourne is an excellent location to develop or consolidate your clinical career. We pride ourselves on the quality of care delivery to our patients. It allows healthcare professionals to deliver direct patient care and to innovate.
Whether you are newly-qualified, returning from a career break, or looking for a new challenge, we have some exceptional opportunities to build your career in healthcare. As a flexible employer, we will consider part-time applicants for all full time vacancies. We appreciate that a work/life balance is important and enables healthcare professionals to deliver the best care possible.
The hospital team includes over 75 consultants who are assisted by a Resident Medical Officer, available 24 hours a day. Esperance Hospital has 114 employees and 55 bank staff. We handle over 800 inpatient, 3000 day case and 1,000 outpatient procedures a year.
The hospital has 2 main Theatres, an Endoscopy Theatre, and a fertility theatre. Patient accommodation consists of Hartington ward (9 beds), Devonshire Ward (25), extended Recovery (2 beds) and a "walk in walk out" lounge.
Patient care is undeniably our first concern. Our dedicated healthcare team provides professional care within a comfortable environment, helping to ensure that coming into hospital is a more pleasurable and less anxious time for patients and their relatives.
Whatever your area of clinical practice the hospital has something to offer you:
All practitioners receive the support necessary to develop competency
Internal and external training courses offered to support safe practice.
Dedicated endoscopy team and identified leads for each speciality.
All lists are staffed according to AfPP recommendations.
These lists run 6 days a week between 08:00- 18:00.
Main specialities are Orthopaedics, Gynaecology, Urology, ENT, Cosmetic, Gastroenterology, Opthalmics, Fertility & General Surgery.
The hospital has innovated pathways that deliver predictable elective surgery.
38 individual patient rooms, 2 bed extended recovery.
Three shift system with internal rotation, shifts are managed on a 4 week rolling rota
Patient to nurse ratio gives our team 'time to nurse'
Excellent learning environment across all specialities
Some services offered 6 days a week
The Suite offer day case chemotherapy
The team also support cancer related outpatient and inpatient services
Coordinate the whole patient journey
Secondment opportunities available
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetic to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1
- External Advanced Scrub Practitioner Course
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their perioperative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient's dignity, privacy, wishes