Lead Cancer Nurse - Buckinghamshire
4 days left
- Job Type
Position - Lead Cancer Nurse - Buckinghamshire
Reference - ZALDNRS
Location - Buckinghamshire
Salary - Up to £48,000
Hours - Full time - 37.5 Hrs
The Vacancy -
My client has an opportunity for a Lead Cancer Nurse to join their team of staff in the Senior Management Department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. This role will be based between 2 sites.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* RN, educated to at least degree level or equivalent
* Post registration qualification in delivering cytotoxic medication
* BLS/ALS certification
* IT knowledge and experience - Microsoft office and other systems
* Cancer nursing experience,
* Management experience
* Experience of care and maintenance of CVADs including portacaths
* An empathetic practitioner who provides a holistic approach to care
* A high level of understanding of customer care
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* Strong organisational skills
* Ability to make independent decisions and problem solve
* Highly numerate
Duties of this role include:
* To strategically plan the Cancer service for [Hospital name and location]. Promoting and maintaining high professional standard of nursing; meeting the needs of patients in all aspects.
* To act as specialist resource for Cancer patients and staff,
* To take the lead across cancer services within the relevant Hospital, in agreement with relevant Executive Directors and Directors of Nursing/Clinical Services, on initiatives to develop and modernise effective patient centred pathways from diagnosis to discharge for cancer.
* To work clinically and with focused time allocated to cancer management, and service development.
* Support the Executive Directors and Directors of Nursing/Clinical Services in the development of strategic and operational plans, service development proposals and business cases, for the delivery of cancer services, in line with regional strategies, and other priorities.
* As a member of the Group Lead Cancer Team, contribute to the development of a strategic direction for cancer services and participate fully in the development of clinical frameworks and associated documentation to ensure that all BMI sites are adhering to best practice.
* Represent BMI at relevant Cancer meetings and other meetings as agreed with the Lead Cancer Team and ensure feedback as appropriate.
* In conjunction with other Lead Cancer Team members, liaise with organisations and groups across primary, secondary and tertiary health care settings and with charitable and patient organisations, to ensure that the concerns and interests of these groups, as well as their service delivery potential, are reflected and captured in the development of cancer services.
* To be the lead within the Cancer Alliance clusters working with other Private Hospitals to grow the services we provide and to ensure that Gold standard pathways are followed and to ensure development and collaborative working with local NHS services.
Salary & Benefits:
* Company Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Gym membership discount
Key words - Lead Cancer Nurse, Registered General Nurse, Oncology, Chemotherapy, Senior, NMC.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Zoe Allen at Pulse Jobs on 07918 720922 or alternatively please forward your CV
Apply for Lead Cancer Nurse - Buckinghamshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly