Clinical Services Manager -Buckinghamshire
Position - Clinical Services Manager -Buckinghamshire
Reference - ZACSMAN
Location - Buckinghamshire
Salary - Up to £55,000
Hours - Full time - 37.5 Hrs
The Vacancy -
My client has an opportunity for a Clinical Services Manager-Theatres to join their team of staff in the Senior Management Department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
* Educated to degree level
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to manage, motivate, support, develop and lead the departments.
* Competent across a range of clinical skills supported by professional competence and knowledge
* Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards.
* Financial awareness with an appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus.
* Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission.
* Previous management experience
* Track record of delivering against targets and change management.
* Management qualification (desirable)
* Mentorship Qualification (desirable)
* Experience of working in the Independent Sector (desirable
* Work with others to optimise theatre utilisation, taking action with regards underutilisation of lists as appropriate and working closely with Consultants to maximise utilisation safely.
* Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and if applicable that the appropriate manager is informed and commence the investigation, ensure findings are documented and an action plan developed and implemented with clear and effective communication to the Teams / individuals concerned.
* Complete all written documentation in a timely manor and to an acceptable level ensuring others do the same.
* Act as a role model and mentor to staff providing advice and support to others to promote good practice consistent with legislation and BMIs policies.
* Enable and encourage team members to expand and develop their own competencies.
* Research and suggest workforce requirements that meet departmental needs and lead on the subsequent recruitment of staff, ensuring all staff complete an induction and continue to monitor their progress.
* Undertake regular performance reviews with senior staff, ensuring all staff have a personal development plan. Cascading this process through the department.
* Effectively manage the sickness absence process, ensuring staff are supported to return to work as quickly as possible.
* Schedule and manage annual leave requests ensuring there is no negative impact on the service delivered. Ensure adequate leave is taken throughout the year to ensure no adverse impact on any one particular period in terms of numbers absent or financial impact.
* Identify possible poor performance and deal with it fairly and consistently by supporting staff through the performance monitoring process
* Manage the grievance and disciplinary policy and procedure as appropriate.
* Delegate responsibility and tasks to others who have the ability to deliver the desired results, which makes optimum use of colleague's abilities while providing learning opportunities.
* Communicate business decisions to staff and Consultants in a positive and supportive manner and lead on initiatives, which directly influence and affect the department.
Salary & Benefits:
* Company Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Gym membership discount
Key words - Theatre Manager, Clinical Services Manager, Senior Manager, Theatre, NMC, HCPC, Senior, Staff Nurse.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Zoe Allen at Pulse Jobs on 07918 720922 or alternatively please forward your CV