Theatre Practitioner - Cheadle
7 days left
- Job Type
Position - Theatre Practitioner - Cheadle
Ref - EKTPCDLE
Location - Cheadle
Salary - £30,000
Hours- Full-time - Permanent
My client has an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This role is offered on a permanent, full time basis at 37.5 hours per week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
* Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills (Desirable)
* ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/D33/A1 (Desirable)
* ILS (Desirable)
* ALS (Desirable)
Role Purpose & Core Responsibilities:
* To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
* To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
* Assist in the delivery of patient care
* Contribute to quality improvement
* Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.
* Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetic equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia.
* The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner.
* Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic
* Assist the Anaesthetist throughout the perioperative phase of care
* Assist the anaesthetist in monitoring the patient's condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
* Administer drugs and fluids to the appropriate GHG policy
* Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
* Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including consumables, equipment and drugs.
* Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate manager is informed
* Complete all written documentation in a timely manner and to an acceptable level.
* Act as a role model and mentor to junior staff.
* Promote and ensure an environment conducive to the continuing prevention and control of infection for all staff, patients and visitors.
* Be aware of and comply with all infection prevention and control policies and ensure best practice is maintained to ensure low infection rates.
Salary & Employee Benefits Package:
* Healthcare Scheme
* Dental Plan
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Gym membership discount
Key words: Theatre, Practitioner, ODP, Anaesthetics, Scrub, Recovery, NMC, HCPC.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Ellie King at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 or alternatively please forward your CV
Apply for Theatre Practitioner - Cheadle
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly